Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Flashback 5/75 Redux

I'm doing one of those "Post 5 Artworks..." challenges on Facebook [find mine here], and I thought I'd make it more complicated for myself by making blog posts with the art. Each day a different blog. [Yes, I have 5+ blogs. Ack!]
Pattern Recognition is the third blog that I created, in May 2009. It came about to support an exhibition with the same title at TAG Gallery held June-July 2009. As I say in the sidebar, I was big on patterns in the 70s, and now I make them at the day job. And teach them every Spring semester at Otis. [8/2019 correction. Someone hijacked my class and I was "fired" by departmental ghosting. Not happy about this].
Anyway.

From time to time, I'll design repeats for myself. They show up here.

Here is a new pattern:
©2016 Anne M Bray
Yardage available on Spoonflower soon.
Printed on various items by Society6 here.
I'm going to get leggings printed up, waiting for a sale!

In 2011, I had made a white ground colorway, which I rediscovered while looking for something else:
@2011 Anne M Bray
Yardage available on Spoonflower eventually.
Printed on various items by Society6 here.
In 1975, I created the original silkscreen print:
Anne M Bray, 1st Series, #7, Silkscreen monoprint, ©1975 
Read an older post from 2011 about this work.

2 comments:

  1. Attractive and impressive designs!!
    It's good to see you participating for the A to Z Challenge, Anne. I look forward to reading your posts during April. Cheers :)
    Shilpa Garg : Co-Host AJ's wHooligan for the A to Z Challenge 2016

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shilpa!
    I like the theme and format for your A-Z. Your writing is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I'm monitoring the comments so that I'll be notified.
Otherwise, I'll miss your comment!
If you post as Anonymous, I will not share your comment.