Thursday, March 22, 2018

Monochrome Dot/ Stripe for Your Consideration

A new Spoonflower Challenge is up for voting.

The brief: This week’s theme is a twist on a community favorite, the limited color palette. After selecting one color (hue) of your choice, put your skills to the test by creating a repeating design only using tones, tints and shades of this hue. Black and white can be included.

Here is my entry:
Vote here until 3/26.
There are 755 entries, displayed randomly. Thanks in advance for slogging through them!

2 comments:

  1. Well, that was a year of looking at crappy, nonmonochrome designs that rip off other designs absolutely.

    I'm not sure why, but I still keep tabs on a Spoonflower Fb group, and it is full of people who think their designs have been stolen by other people. Now, plenty have been, but we're talking "a badly drawn dog" that does not resemble another badly drawn dog, or the original "sketchy dog" professional work you both ripped off. Or "they took down my design because it was STOLEN" - well, it turns out you tagged that art with trademarked terms that the owner of that trademark objected to. So they yank the tags (BBC) or the art (Disney)(Minecraft)(Your Name Here).

    They pulled my entry, as it was not new enough (I really should read all the rules first) to qualify. So I voted for you and another friend. That's how much I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! I tell my Surface Design students to look at Spoonflower if they want a big dose of bad designing!
      And who vets these challenges? I had to roll my eyes at the totally rainbow colored entry. Oh well.
      Love your description of the FB group -- guess that's one I can stay out of.

      I may owe you a "monochromatic" truck for your heroic effort. Thanks!

      Delete

I'm monitoring the comments so that I'll be notified.
Otherwise, I'll miss your comment!
If you post as Anonymous, I will not share your comment.