Saturday, May 25, 2019

Smiley Safety Cones and Procreate

I've taken a breather from the Fluevogs this month.
Instead, I've been learning Procreate in an eCourse with Traci Bautista. It's been super fun.

This wacky print came out of experimenting with McGyvering a repeat in Procreate -- just to see if it was possible:
There were some issues in getting it into a real repeat, but I didn't have to totally rebuild it.

Now it's up on Spoonflower, because a friend wants to sew a raincoat with it.
I want one too!
[Not yet available for purchase, I have to go through the proofing sample phase first.]

What is helping me "stay the course" (because I'm a terrible ecourse learner) is I turned my class experiments into a "100 a Day" project on Instagram. Today I'll be creating #52/100! More than halfway done! Mostly I've been creating "background" textures -- the cones are a definite anomaly! A couple of Fluevog motifs snuck in there as well.
Here's where you'll find them all: #100_amb
Have you tried Procreate yet?

Linking with
Catherine's #ShareAllLinkup
Shelbee's On the Edge of the Week

[update 6/1/19]

2 comments:

  1. I'm a friend!!! I plan on making a bag with the fat quarter. And then expand into the raincoat. Because I really do need a bag that acts as a safety flag (it's tough on the crosswalks of Seattle). And THEN we go raincoat.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed you are, my friend! I didn't know how public you wanted me to go with your plot, and, oh, a most excellent plot! I think you should add some blinking bike lights to the bag, for extra flavor (and safety)!

      Delete

I'm monitoring the comments so that I'll be notified.
Otherwise, I'll miss your comment!
If you post as Anonymous, I will not share your comment.