Monday, March 16, 2020

#AtoZchallenge 2020 Theme Reveal

Regular readers, are you expecting more Fluevog sketches and repeats?
Not this April! [Maybe next month].

This year, I'm featuring the alphabetical journeys on "Stitching the World", my current massive embroidery project.

As I've been stitching the responses to my 4 Questions*:
Join in! link to answer form*
And documenting my week-by-week progress: [week 1] [week 2] [week 3] [week 4]
I've realized it's been very difficult to see the details. How to show them? The large image is too far away and the photo quality is bad.

My favorite shots have been those of the growing mass of French Knots of LA:




But there are so many other areas to see!
115 journeys to be exact!
Come back on April 1st to see the "A" journeys.

* The Four Questions will close on 3/29 at 3:29PST. 
If you would like to join in, click here to answer before the deadline.

Curious about the A to Z Challenge? Read more here, on the A-Z Blog, and consider giving it a try! I’ve discovered new blogging friends and have created lots of new art through it.
I have an A-Z blogroll on the bottom of this page, to give you an idea of the wide variety of possibilities.

My past A-Z challenges here
A-Z Fluevogs 2019

14 comments:

  1. I watch your embroidery growing, so I want to know more about the Journeys ;)
    AtoZ Reveal

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is a big fan of embroidery. It will be interesting to see what you highlight on your piece for the A to Z Journey. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still stitching away, prepping for the deadline!

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous project, and I can't wait to catch your A-to-Z posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah! I'm having such a good time with it!

      Delete
  4. Fabulous stitching! The A-Z idea is fun but it kind of overwhelms me to think about participating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean the A-Z thing? Or answering my questions? Ha.

      I'm a true A-Z devotee, but yes, it takes commitment and fortitude. Consider just reading the A-Z blogs that sound interesting -- I think there's a public Google doc spreadsheet that you can rearrange by theme, author, etc. (Checking) Yes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gSV3WKM8ceR0h0tk84BB1-o9c3OehzCjJK0e97OAvbo/edit#gid=1956216591

      I use A-Z for a number of reasons. This year, with "Stitching the World", it's a way to show details of the piece without making it overwhelming for the viewer. It also gives me a closing date for responses, which is a good thing!

      Delete
  5. "Stitching the World", on embroidery. Let us see. Let all see.

    Trying to document IE practice in Top Global Engineering Companies. #AtoZChallenge April Writing
    Industrial Engineering Practice in Top Global Manufacturing Companies - Top 100

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what fun! And my journey is on there now in green! Yay! I feel so honored. It is really looking very cool indeed.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous project Anne. Looking forward to your creations. Good luck :)
    Do check out if my theme interests you: http://www.rightpurchasing.com/a2zchallenge/
    --rightpurchasing.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm monitoring the comments so that I'll be notified.
Otherwise, I'll miss your comment!
If you post as Anonymous, I will not share your comment.