Saturday, April 6, 2019

#AtoZchallenge F is for Fluevog Faith

Fluevog Faith link 

Let me just say that Photoshop's Warp Tool was my friend on this one.
The sketch required extensive surgery.
I was all set to put this into repeat and then I checked the colorways.
Oh.
More pop contrast in some than I realized.
Back to the "drawing board"!

I also decided that I wanted to incorporate my "woven paper" technique that I've been doing as a dailyweave series (instagram link) for the background of the repeat. Using the upper left colorway, I printed solid squares of the four colors, then did my weaving process:
I was delighted with my results.

Until I tried to get it into repeat in Photoshop:
This is the point when I gave up. I had been wrestling with it for about 25 minutes.
What a headache! Nothing was lining up!

Next.

I replicated the pattern in Illustrator, as a regular grid. Not as "lively", but MUCH easier to work with.
Good thing it's Saturday. If it were a work day, I'd be seriously late!
Sundays are an AtoZ "day off", and I'll use the time to post art to Redbubble and work up colorways for those that request them.
[I wish. In reality, I have to do my homework grading for Monday's class. Sigh.]

8 comments:

  1. What fantastic shoes, I love them
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! Will have to catch up on your A-Z posts soon -- very behind!

      Delete
  2. It's a large repeat as shown in version one. As in "a really really big and erratic pain" repeat. But at some point it lines up on a vertical and a horizontal and can get weird in the middle.

    I just wish Fluevogs fit my feets better. (sad sad girl)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a way, I'm relieved that the Fluvogs have their weird fit issues. Cuts down on the temptation! I'm still getting the eBay alerts for my size Fluevog listings. After my debauchery last month (2 pairs eBay) I'm maintaining self control.

      The repeat "weird in the middle" is the cross where I moved the edges into the center in Photoshop > Filter > Offset. I do like the shadowing bit.

      Delete
  3. Wow beautiful shoes! Love the purple and violet ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I'll be doing that colorway soon!

      Delete
  4. Love the shoes. I would totally buy a pair or two. The colours are great too. Visiting from the #A2Z Challenge Road Trip. Linda x
    LIBRARY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda! If only they weren't so expensive! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

I'm monitoring the comments so that I'll be notified.
Otherwise, I'll miss your comment!
If you post as Anonymous, I will not share your comment.