Thursday, March 30, 2023

Spoonflower x East Fork Challenge

Time for another Spoonflower popularity contest.

For this challenge, we were told to be inspired by the glaze colors of these dishes from East Fork:


I took the actual pottery (and other East Fork items) as my inspiration!

Traced them in Procreate...

Worked some Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop magic, and, voila!
I call it "The Dish Ran Away With the Spoon"

There are 2158 entries in this contest (yikes... it gets worse every time)
  • 03/28/2023: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
  • 03/30/2023: Public voting opens
  • 04/04/2023: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT
  • 04/06/2023: Spoonflower will announce the winner
I wasn't even close. I gave up looking to see how many votes I got. WAY too many entries.

The rules: Artists must use both East Fork glaze colors, Butter (#F4EDBA) and Piglet (#F2DDDD) as the main colors. Additional colors can be incorporated, but we recommend only adding neutrals and keeping it simple with no more than 4 colors total (not including black and white) to ensure your design coordinates well with East Fork products. Honoring the glaze colors is key!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm monitoring the comments so that I'll be notified.
Otherwise, I'll miss your comment!
If you post as Anonymous, I will not share your comment.