Saturday, May 7, 2016
Tartans of the US and Canada
Table of Contents links
A is for... Alabama, Alaska, Alberta, Arkansas
B is for... British Columbia
C is for... California, Colorado, Connecticut
D is for... Delaware
E is for... Prince Edward Island
F is for... Florida
G is for... Georgia
H is for... Hawaii
I is for... Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa
J is for... New Jersey
K is for... Kansas, Kentucky
L is for... Louisiana
M is for... Maine, Manitoba, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana
N is for... Nebraska, Nevada, New Brunswick, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York
Newfoundland, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut
O is for... Ohio, Oklahoma, Ontario, Oregon
P is for... Pennsylvania
Q is for... Quebec
R is for... Rhode Island
S is for... Saskatchewan, South Carolina, South Dakota
T is for... Tennessee
U is for... Utah
V is for... Vermont, Virginia
W is for... Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
X is for... TeXas
Y is for... Yukon
Z is for... AZ
Epilogue: Reflections on the A-Z Challenge
Friday, May 6, 2016
Wrap-up time for the A-Z Challenge.What did I learn?
1. This is a good place for me to work the challenge --
the posts didn't get mixed in with other posts (as happened last year).
2. I liked having the framework of the challenge to force myself to get this body of work refreshed.
3. It's much easier to create ONE new piece of art a day vs TWELVE (I'm looking at you, "N").
4. I am ignorant about the Canadian provinces.
I will remain deliberately vague about that and will quietly update my error.
5. Already thinking about possible themes for next year,
and will start working on the art to see which direction I want to pursue.
6. If I have my posts prewritten, then I can spend more time reading other A-Zers.
My social A-Z game was abysmal this year.
[Original Map of North America with US States and Canadian Provinces by FreeVectorMaps.com]