Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Party Leopard

Meet "Party Leopard" my newest print-from-a-class-demo artwork:
I didn't think I'd come up with anything exotic this week, I surprised myself!

At the end of class, I took a photo of the classroom's Cintiq monitor and posted it to Instagram, as a joke.
Lo and behold, a Facebook Friend loved it and wanted yardage!
I then had the task of putting it into repeat, because it was an unplanned combination of 3 different repeats.

Here are the elements:
Leopard forms the topmost layer of lavender ground and transparent leopard motifs.
It came from this demo file:
Next are the purple dots, from this file (in class, we all created a dot 1/2 drop from scratch):
And, at the bottom layer, is a lovely print that I've been using to demo Photoshop's Offset Filter.
I call it The Tie Dye Eggs:
I found this dumpster diving at the Otis Fashion Campus in the early 00s,
when they were situated at the Cal Mart in downtown LA.
IT EVEN HAS COLORWAYS!!!!

Recently, while doing a Google Image "tie dye" search, I discovered it online!
Had to "Pin" it! [Alas, the Pin link is not good. Boohoo]

So yes, the Party Leopard can [soon] be found on Spoonflower* if you want yardage.

And Redbubble* for most of the Redbubble things:
* I get a small commission from Spoonflower and Redbubble on purchased items.
Party on, Leopard People!

Did someone say Conga Line? Taking this party to Shelbee's #SpreadTheKindness and Catherine's #SaturdayShare
Catherine introduced me to Redbubble, and I'm forever grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm monitoring the comments so that I'll be notified.
Otherwise, I'll miss your comment!
If you post as Anonymous, I will not share your comment.