Tuesday, May 12, 2020

#AtoZchallenge 2020: Stitching the World - Conclusion

Blank map (2/14/20):
Room 207, The Kinney, Venice Beach, stARTup LA Art Fair
Stitching the journeys at the Kinney (2/16):
At the end (5/1):
The one color I need to finish the piece, DMC floss #907. On order.
Final A-Z Challenge thoughts:
As I said in the previous post, I'm so grateful for this challenge as it forces me to finish projects!
I never would have gotten this far with Stitching the World, if not for the daily alphabetical deadlines.
Stitching was a super soothing/ calming activity to perform during COVID April. It was delightful to get my hands working embroidery floss again. And the colors! Yum!

I discovered some new blogs to follow, along with some old favorites. My personal A-Z blog roll is down in the lower left of the site. (Had to remove a couple because your images are ginormous.) I managed to visit more blogs and comment more often than typical due to working-from-home and lack of supervision (hehheh).

Thanks to the A-Z Blogging Challenge team for all that you do!
One request: make an A-Z Challenge Instagram account so us visual people can tag you!
(I'll even manage it for you if you want!)

8 comments:

  1. Ah yes! Finishing projects... A train commuting friend hypothesised that my house must be full of unfinished projects - which stirred me to finish the mustard coloured handbag and I have since made a second one for my step-daughter. That leaves a 5 foot x 5 foot painting, two novels, the charity quilt that featured in the Vlog, and a miniscule landscape quilt (A4)...
    Lockdown should have provided the opportunity to clear at least one of these up but then the A to Z came along (which I did complete) and the weather has been so good that Barbara and I have almost finished creating an allotment out of a very run-down one - including a flower garden with pond!
    I am planning a pair of fictional responses to the fork in the road the world finds itself at, one optimistic, one very dark - it should be on the blog in the next few days...
    Well done with finishing your project anyway! (And the A to Z)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, don't get me started on "UFOs" (unfinished objects). Haha. Lockdown provided the opportunity to start many NEW things!
    Looking forward to your next thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I hope you will post pics of the entire completed project once the DMC #907 comes in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne!
      There is a movie here: https://repeatsamb.blogspot.com/2020/05/stitching-world-rainbow-of-journeys.html
      I need a professional photographer to get a good photo of the entire piece. My devices can't capture it well enough. So must wait until COVID restrictions lifted!

      Delete
  4. To capture the entire piece, try a drone! Great to see you working on it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I am stopping by or the a to z road trip. First of all, may I just say what a fantastic job you did. I visited the following posts a,d,r,x,and z. Rationale. a and z to see the beginning and end of your journey, D and R for my initials and X for the 24th letter on the 24th day of the month. Again, fantastic job and thanks for sharing it with all of us. I also did a world travel as such as my topic was capitals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dave! Thanks for stopping by!
      Are you using these same letters as your visiting criteria? Interesting way to go about it!
      I will now attempt finding your A-Z.

      Delete

I'm monitoring the comments so that I'll be notified.
Otherwise, I'll miss your comment!
If you post as Anonymous, I will not share your comment.