Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Paper Weavings and a Carnivorous Plant Toile

I've been diligently creating my detritus paper weaves every morning, whether they get posted to Instagram or not.
This latest set is a mixture of leopard, a ditsy, and strips from a print I called Tropical Goth (link)

I became fond of the bits of botanical drawings in the cut strips:
I really liked how they looked on the white ground and felt the motifs would make a great toile print, minus the palm fronds. [Below are "outtakes" from work. I was testing out the colors to get the correct balance of grays. The dark is the rectangle defining the repeat of the print].
Et voila!

Linking up with:
Michelle's Creative Compulsions

2 comments:

  1. What a fun process and result! Are you using scrapbook paper for your weaving? Or is this paper you’ve created yourself? I’ll be featuring this in this week’s Creative Compulsions.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weavings are made with "reject" printouts from work.
      However, I think the carnivorous plants were more of a personal addition to the palm fronds done for men's lounge pants. Sometimes I go on personal tangents - haha.
      I create prints for mass market underwear and loungewear for my day job.

      Delete

I'm monitoring the comments so that I'll be notified.
Otherwise, I'll miss your comment!
If you post as Anonymous, I will not share your comment.