Sunday, July 12, 2020

Agapanthus Adventure

Growing out in the front yard is Agapanthus, or Nile Lily:
I used one as a brush to make textures
the setup
lots of texture experiments!

The instigation for this is my participation in the Textile Design Lab's Summer of Creativity.
Since I'm "working from home" three out of five days a week, I thought I'd take advantage of the Lab, which I've used sporadically over the years. The membership cost is not cheap ($490/year, $49/month-to-month) but a bargain if you compare it to the cost of the Otis Extension course I used to teach ($800/10 weeks).
The Summer of Creativity this year is themed on Self Care. Weekly, we get a creative exercise hosted by Rita Patel (the textures above are the result), then a design brief with inspiration pulled from WGSN.

This week's brief was to design patterns to be used on yoga mats and accessories. 
Tips on how to create mandalas were part of this as well.
My agapanthus Mandala as a placement print
I used one of the textures for the ground

It went over really well in the weekly crit.😄

As a result, the collection has made it onto print on demand products!
Socity6 Yoga Mat (and other things)
Four designs on Spoonflower (can't order until my sample strikeoffs come in)

Redbubble things (green ground):
Redbubble things (purple ground):

I got a lot of mileage out of this design!
Looking forward to this week's assignment. The theme will be Humor.

Linking up with
Michelle's Creative Compulsions Linky Party
Shelbee's On the Edge of the Week

5 comments:

  1. Anne, I love these patterns! And the purple and green are so good together. Look at the cool stuff available with this beautiful print! Well done, my friend!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, aren't purple and green yummy? I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to Purple, Green, and Orange color combos, inspired by Bird of Paradise flowers. https://www.pinterest.com/anne_m_bray/bird-of-paradise-purple-and-orange-and-or-green/

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! What a fun creative process and some gorgeous products. Anne, look for this to be featured on this week’s Creative Compulsions.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! And yes, I'll let you know when I am able to offer the fabric for sale.

      Delete
  3. Also..., please let me know when the fabric is available. I’ll buy some.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm monitoring the comments so that I'll be notified.
Otherwise, I'll miss your comment!
If you post as Anonymous, I will not share your comment.