Saturday, April 16, 2016

#AtoZchallenge N is For... [Part 1]

Nebraska, Nevada, New Brunswick,
New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York 
Historical Nebraskan Scots are hard to find online, so I used the Robert Burns Legacy tartan sett after reading this: "The Omaha Daily Bee of January 26, 1876, reported: 'The 117th anniversary of the birth of Robert Burns was celebrated last evening by the Burns club of Omaha, and the St. Andrews' society, of Council Bluffs...' " [source] [additional information]
My color choices were: Deep Blue from the state flag, Green for the verdant fields of agricultural products, Deep Brown for the rich soil, Yellow for the state flower -- goldenrod, White for the state beverage -- milk, Azure for the clear blue of the prairie skies.
For New York's tartan, I recolored the New York City tartan to the following colors: Blue and Gold for the "official state colors", Green for the mountains of the Adirondacks and the Catskills, Red for Apple -- the State Fruit, and White for Milk -- the state beverage.

There are 12 states and provinces for Letter N, so the rest will be posted tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm monitoring the comments so that I'll be notified.
Otherwise, I'll miss your comment!
If you post as Anonymous, I will not share your comment.