Friday, July 29, 2016

Textile Design Lab's Summer of Creativity: Editing a Texture

Look!
This:
Came from this:
Lesson Two was a quickie editing technique for textures that ended up working out well on my 2nd try.

1) Added "Content Aware" fills by making a selection, Select > Inverse, hit Delete (choosing Content Aware)
1A) a misfire -- cropping area has too much white edge
[from here on, a reenactment] 
1B, Red shows a tighter selection, better all-over fill 
2) Cropped to an area that I liked (this art not in repeat)
Next, I'll show crops of the transformations without the step-by-step directions.
Maintaining a bit of mystery, since it's not a free course.
 Oops, reenactment doesn't match. Oh well -- glad that I saved the original!

The Textile Design Lab is a monthly membership fee-based site. Well worth it, so far!

Linking up with Shelbee's On the Edge of the Week



2 comments:

  1. Ah, what one can do with PhotoshopIllustrator.....I copy/paste (rinse, repeat) with Paint. Hours later......
    And this is why I have arm issues. How much would that be a year again? Versus physical therapy bills?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The digital wormhole. I tell my students to remember to get up and stretch -- sitting at a computer for hours is like flying coach somewhere. Do I remember to do so? No. Then there's the time I gave myself bursitis from digitizing my closet (taking pix of all my garments). Gah!

      Delete

I'm monitoring the comments so that I'll be notified.
Otherwise, I'll miss your comment!
If you post as Anonymous, I will not share your comment.