Sunday, August 18, 2019

EXHIBIT: MATERIALITY & METHOD, A SMALL WORKS FIBER EXHIBITION

Group show of small format works on the theme of Materiality & Method by the members of Textile Arts LA

I have a piece in this!
Leopard x Black Plaid x Pink Stripe
paper weavings of color laser printouts, 4 panels
22 x 9"  ©2019  
DATES
Sun, Sep 8 - Sat, Oct 5, 2019
Pretty Smart
4117 East 4th Street Long Beach, CA, 90814
(map)

OPENING RECEPTION
Sunday, September 8, 2019
4 - 6pm
Link for artist list and more details.

What I wrote with my submission: 
These are small (3x3”) paper weavings from reject color laser printouts of my surface designs. I design prints for a mass market underwear and loungewear company. Since I create artwork for both women’s panties and men’s loungewear, I’m combining the feminine and masculine patterns into one weaving. I’m deliberately choosing combinations that “don’t match”. I started this project on 1/23/19 and since I have an endless supply of reject prints, the project will continue indefinitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm monitoring the comments so that I'll be notified.
Otherwise, I'll miss your comment!
If you post as Anonymous, I will not share your comment.