Anyhow, I was revisiting my old work from the 70s -- abstract patterny prints + collages:
I've found only about 5 of the old smaller pieces (which I'm hoping to find the rest to help, um, fill the wall space) that I'd pulled a couple of years ago... Where are the rest?? Somewhere in my art storage area, blocked by boxes of framed art that I can't move. ARGH!
So rather than dwell on the above issue, I scanned what I have and started experimenting digitally. I took this old lithograph:
and then started doing multi printing passes through the printer. This is similar to the technique that I used to use with the silkscreen as shown below:
(I'm worried that these marks look too much like the Nike swoosh - that branding wasn't pervasive when I created this in 76, but now...)
My limitation with the inkjet is that I don't have the opacity of color that I had before. So I need to plan it out a bit.
Here's 2 bits of what I did yesterday:
Well, it's a start...
Very much fun, I will say that. They need way, way, WAY more layering