Friday, July 2, 2021

Second Thoughts, Stitching the World

 Remember the Stitching the World project?


I thought I was all set with the base map digital art to get it printed.
I had waited for a good sale on Redbubble.
I wrestled with uploading the map (hit a file size road block).
Ordered.
It arrived in the mail.

And

I thought about this guy and his antimender proclivities:

the current Big Blanket Mend
It's taking forever. Thanks, Mr Lou.
and this from last year:

Oh no, I didn't think this through properly.

White background + hairy cat = bad embroidery project math!

Back to the (virtual) drawing board!

Dramatic!
Hoping it arrives in time to work on during the Textile Arts LA materials swap on July 10.

There's plenty of time to add your voice to the project. I have no end date yet.

CLICK HERE TO PLAY!

Linking up with

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Anne, it looks really cool on the black background! The white background is nice, too, but I do love the contrast on the black. But won't kitty shed all over the black one, too? Darn cats!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yes, probably re the shedding. Darn cat indeed!

      Delete

I'm monitoring the comments so that I'll be notified.
Otherwise, I'll miss your comment!
If you post as Anonymous, I will not share your comment.