Wednesday, April 1, 2020

#AtoZchallenge 2020: Stitching the World - A

And so we begin, Blogging A to Z, all the countries of the world, stitch by stitch.

I rearranged the world alphabetically. Here's the post about why.
I made a massive digital composition adding denim patches behind each country.
I had the denim/countries graphic printed on polyester by Redbubble.
Maybe I should have done just fills of the countries instead of rectangular patches?
As you can see, some of the outlines/ names don't contrast well and disappear.
Adam and Nicobar Islands, Afghanistan, Albania,
Andorra [oops, alphabetizing fail], Algeria
Angola, Anguilla
Note: I separated most of the island territories from their host nations.
The two light washed denims are the hardest to decipher. Additional stitching required!
Here is my test stitching of Angola:
Yep, that works. Yep, that'll be a lot of work. Yep, that thread is a nightmare to stitch with.
I'm not going to stitch more of the country names until later. Too much work!
Ditto for non-journey countries, for now.
Antartica -- our first journeys!
Charley: Lumberton NC > Venice CA > Antartica
Susan: SF Bay area > Los Angeles > Antartica
Worf: Vancouver BC > Port Moody BC > Antartica
Antigua, Armenia, Aruba
Argentina
Barbara: Philadelphia > Santa Monica > Argentina
Glenn: Toronto > Venice CA > Patagonia
Australia
Anne: Utica, NY > Mar Vista CA > Eraring, NSW, Australia
Silvana: Belgrade, Serbia > Sydney, Australia > Varanasi, India
Austria
Fred: San Diego, Venice CA, Austria

Azerbijan

I've closed the response form for this iteration of the project. But guess what?
I started a new version!
Find the new 4 Questions answer form here

Want to learn more about the Blogging from A to Z Challenge? Read about it here.
Want to read other A-Z bloggers? Here is the Master List!
I have my personal list of links on the lower left of this page.

6 comments:

  1. I love this project! But I didn't found the new form to enter...

    Please join the fun at the A to Z Challengers Linky Party:
    A to Z Challengers Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder why it's not working?
      Thanks for manually entering your answers.

      Delete
  2. And of course, adding this to the reading list!
    https://katytrailcreations.com/2020/04/01/apron-advocate-atozaprilchallenge/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Argentina looks tricky! But then, I'm not much of a stitcher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. I'm only stitching the "invisible" countries if they're part of journeys now. (Like Australia up there). The "stitching" around Argentina is digital - part of the base cloth.

      Delete

I'm monitoring the comments so that I'll be notified.
Otherwise, I'll miss your comment!
If you post as Anonymous, I will not share your comment.