Tuesday, April 28, 2020

#AtoZchallenge 2020: Stitching the World - X

There are no X countries.

There are, however three Xtraterrestrial journeys, and I stitched 2/3:
Jim: Florida > Los Angeles > Mars
Paul: Boston MA > LA > Mars
x: The Moon (can't find the info for this one. ARGH!)

I'm going to walk you through some of my process on getting to Mars.
I cogitated upon how to "stitch" this journey as I stitched other journeys.
Do I sew on a covered button? Cover a button with embroidery floss?
Have said button dangle off the bottom?
Both of the Mars Men were "now" [leg two of journey] in LA, and I started stitching their third paths down to the bottom hem.

I settled upon the idea of making a pom pom, and found an instructional video: 
My first attempt did not go well, using spawn-of-the-devil metallic "floss":
It looks like a sheaf of wheat! Fancy golden straw! The stuff Rumpelstiltskin wanted!
It started falling apart immediately!

Next I tried cotton embroidery floss
Nope. We have a classic "Pinterest Fail" photo here!
I needed wool. Wool I did not have.

I scrapped the pom pom from scratch concept and instead WRAPPED an existing pom pom.
SO much better!

Want to learn more about the Blogging from A to Z Challenge? Read about it here.
Want to read other A-Z bloggers? Here is the Master List!
I have my personal list of links on the lower left of this page.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you! It took me a while to figure out my solution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I quite pleased with it as well!
      In other good news, I figured out who/where the Moon journey went. Unfortunately, I don't have enough of the proper floss color to make the moon ball. Sigh. Time to put that order in with DMC.

      Delete

I'm monitoring the comments so that I'll be notified.
Otherwise, I'll miss your comment!
If you post as Anonymous, I will not share your comment.